Many people are using WordPress. The must has plugin is definitely “Cache plugin”, which can cache dynamic page to static html page. And one of the popular WordPress plugin is “WP Super Cache”, with downloaded more than 1M. On this article I will show how to setting WP Super Cache correctly and efficiency.
Easy tab: this tab use for quick and easy setting no need to tuning, just click Caching On (Recommended).
Advanced tab: Is you need more efficiency. this is tab for you I will
explain each setting below.
- The first check box, “Cache hits to this website for quick access“ , this is the same as Easy tab (Caching On) and you have to check this.
- Next it has 3 type of cache, I recommend to use “Use mod_rewrite to serve cache files” because this option is faster than other. And you have to click “update Mod Rewrite Rules” for activate it.
I recommend to setting 3 of this
- “Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors” this mean it will compress you cache html so it make you website can load faster.
- “Don’t cache pages for known users” this option use for when you login to your website you will see real update website, not show cache page.
- And check “Cache rebuild. Serve a super cache file to anonymous user while a new file is being generated”
Advanced in Advanced tab
- “Mobile device support” this option will need to use with other plugin, Jetpack’s mobile theme module or WP Touch, WordPress Mobile Edition, WordPress Mobile Pack.
- “Clear all cache file when a post or page is published or updated.” When you update your website WP super cache will clear all cache.
This is the first part of setting, please continue read part 2, next time.